The world economy, industry and sciences are becoming increasingly digitized, and these developments are disrupting society and familiar social processes. Women, however, are still largely underrepresented in information technology and other STEM fields. To create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities, women need to have an active role in technology and technological developments. Zonta International is pleased to offer its new Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in technology.
Women pursuing an information technology (IT) degree or closely related program, who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible to apply.
Women not enrolled in a university are also eligible as long as they submit:
- Evidence of completed trainings and outstanding performance.
- Description of current job with information about path that led to that job.
- Employer confirmation and recommendation or client testimonial supported by evidence.
- Reason for applying and description of desired career.
- Evidence of educational project plan (e.g. proof of course opportunities).
Golden Z club members may apply.
Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members, are not eligible to apply.
The Women in Technology Scholarship program operates at the club, district/region and international levels of Zonta International. Please note that applicants may not apply to more than one Zonta district and must be nominated by a local Zonta club. Applications selected by Zonta clubs are sent to the respective Zonta governor/regional representative. A district/region evaluating committee selects one applicant per district/region to submit to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship Committee selects six international recipients from the district/region applicants.
Applications will be available in December 2018.
- Club Deadline: Determined by each Zonta club
- District Deadline: 1 August 2019 (or earlier date determined by the district)
- International Deadline: 1 October 2019
For the launch of this pilot program, the Zonta International Foundation will award up to US$112,000 in scholarships: 32 district/region scholarships of US$2,000 each and six international scholarships of US$8,000 each.